Friday we decided to go out for dinner with our friend, Jeremy. I had the most amazing Philly Cheese steak. It was too die for, and really I think I almost died of clogged arteries or high blood pressure or something. Though, I have to say that I would probably eat it again because it was so gosh darn good! Then we headed home, Jesse and Jeremy played about an hour of video games and then hubby and I settled in to watch Law Abiding Citizen.
Have you ever seen this movie? It was very good, but very odd… I’m pretty sure I kept trying to guess what was going to happen and was always wrong! Very different, but I would recommend it. I vote it a B+.
Then on Saturday we headed back to my hometown to spend some time with my family. We visited my Grandfather who is now in a home. It makes me sad because I really hope that I would never ever put my parents into a home. I told my mom and dad that and then my dad said to Jesse, “You better never let her take us in, you shouldn’t have to do that.” I argued and said too bad… haha
That night we went to my brother and future-sis-in-law’s house for a drink before we headed to a banquet with my family. We went to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet. Yes, you bet your sweet ass we did! I know you’re jealous. My dad is like a kid in a candy store at this banquet. He knows everyone and he has a blast! We stayed until 11:00 pm, my friends. 11:00pm!! O well, I suppose he had fun.
Sunday we woke up to eat breakfast with my parents and my grandpa & grandma. After that, we got packed up and headed back home.
We then wanted to relax some more, so we watched Couples Retreat. Have you seen this movie? It was alright, not my favorite but it was ok to watch once. Some parts were funny, some were boring, so all in all I give it a C+.
Hope you all had a great weekend! I have a 3 day work week this week as the hubby and I took off Thursday and Friday to do some shopping and head to his parents for the weekend. It’s his mom’s birthday! It should be another great weekend!
Don’t be jealous, but today’s my Thursday :-)
3 comments:
I've never heard of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet - but it sounds interesting enough! And I bet they had some good food.
Couples Retreat was just eh for me. It was okay, not that funny, but better than nothing.
I am so jealous it's your Thursday!!
I'd give couple retreat the same grade. I thought it could have been WAY funnier for Will Farrell being in it, you know? It was just "OK".
I wish today was my Thursday!! It sounds like you had a great weekend. :) That philly cheese steak sounds great right about now!
Post a Comment