Thursday, March 25, 2010

Running


So, I’ve taken up running again.  Whether it be the fact that I was getting a bit chubbier than I would like, the fact that I love to eat some ridiculously delicious bad for you foods, or that it’s the cool thing to do, I’m doing it. 
I think working out is a new fad, though with the condition of our health and weight these days, I’m glad to be apart of this fad.
Typically I don’t choose to be trendy, do the cool thing or follow fads, but this is one fad I’m jumping on the bandwagon for.
Back in high school, I ran track, did volleyball and gymnastics.  All of that exercise made me looking quite fit and I felt great.  Fast-forward about 10-12 years, take out most of the exercise and it aint so pretty my friends.
We still play volleyball, but I don’t call 6 fairly out of shape 20-something year olds running around a volleyball court for 45 minutes a great deal of exercise.
So, I’m back at it.  Monday I ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill and Tuesday I ran 3 miles.  As I’m running at the rec center, I’m watching one of the 4 tv monitors they have , while listening to my ipod.  It got me thinking “Gosh, It’d be great if I could watch tv AND listen to what they were saying”.  Low and behold, there’s a little black box that has channel numbers on it, attached to EVERY machine.  I was wondering why people plugged their headphones into them…
DUH Kayla….. So, as I’m running the latter part of my 2.5 miles, I plugged into the “little black box” and was able to have my choice to watch Fox News and The Biggest Loser, among other things.
Sometimes I surprise myself. :-)

Hope you’re having a wonderful Thursday!


4 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

WOW! Good for you girl! I have been running outside [so I can take Murdock] but can't seem to get past the 2 mile hump :/

Jen said...

Great job with keeping on track with your running goals! Wish I could run 2 miles but I pass out ;-) I'll stick with my 1 mile runs on the Y treadmill.

Brittany Ann said...

Good for you! You can do it! Nice work!

Sass said...

Check you out!!

When I actually get off my arse and run I really enjoy it!

Our gym has the tvs on the treadmills and cross trainers.
Best invention ever.