Monday, March 22, 2010

Some tidbits and our weekend

Two weeks from tomorrow, I will be 25!  25, I just cannot believe it.  Seems like yesterday I turned 21 and now I'm at my mid-twenty's.  Holy crap, mid-twenty's, I cannot believe it.  It's not that it scares me, it's more of a shock.  I'm not scared at growing older at all, in fact, I welcome it, because it means that more adventures are around the concern.  I just cannot believe I'll be 25, it's a pretty big day, but it happens to be a Tuesday, so we will not be celebrating big ya'll, sorry...  Truth be told my own mother thought I was going to be 24, so it was just as shocking to her!

In other news, I've got a full week planned because hubby will be busy doing work things, so I'm trying to keep busy!  I've got volleyball, a hair cut & color, class, margs with two of my good friends, Greys with the girls, a Friday night with a massage, and then drinks and a basketball game (more to come on that) with friends and then a weekend with my mom!  Should be a fun-filled week and hopefully it goes by quickly!

So, the basketball game.  Well, I'm not a huge basketball game, but when the team who resides in your city actually beat crushes the #1seaded team, you have to watch the next game.  Yes, my lovely UNI Panthers upset #1 ranked Kansas 69-67!  Nobody could believe it.  If you put Kansas as the winner of your bracket, I'm o so sorry not.  So, we'll be cheering them on this Friday, because this is further than anyone thought possible! 
Onto this weekend:

Friday:
I went over to my friend Jill's house and had dinner with her and her two little boys, Weston & Will.  We enjoyed a great dinner complete with ice cream!  We had a blast playing in the basement and I cannot believe how much they are both growing!  
Afterwords, I came home to watch a movie with hubby!  We watched The Spiderwick Chronicles, It was pretty good, I think I'd give it a B.

Saturday:
My uncle got married, so we headed to his hometown to watch him and his sweet new wife exchange vows and then enjoyed a delicious luncheon.  
That night we had PB&J's for dinner (yes, we're classy like that) and watched another movie.  We watched The Kingdom, I'd say a B+.

Sunday:
This was our day to spend together, given Hubby will be busy all week with work.  We decided to head to Panera for their delicious breakfast sandwiches and then to the Antiques and Collectibles show that was going on in our city.  We walked around for about 2 hours.  Everything was way over priced, we just couldn't believe it!  We did however; find one steal!  After I finish taking pictures, I'll reveal it tomorrow, but you can start being jealous today! It's amazing!
We made homemade pizza and two more movies... Yes, we watch a lot of movies!  We watched:  The Princess and the Frog a B+ and Universal Soldier a C+(Hubby's choice)  Both movies were pretty good, but not my favorite.

Now we're back to Monday and I am ready to get this week over with!  Have a wonderful week and I'll be back to share what we scored at the antique show!  Here's a hit:  it's from the 1920's and it's functional!

6 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

We already knew that our birthdays are close, right??

B/c exactly two weeks from today I'll be 25, too. Wow.

Murdock's mama said...

Isn't that just soo exciting for the Panthers! I'm pretty excited to be an alum right about now! Such a great game..can't wait till Saturday!
Also..have you ever tried grilled pb&j? I don't like Jelly but my hubby says they're great!

have a great week!
Abby

Pamibelle said...

My bracket is screwed now...but it was cool to see Kansas go down. My birthday is coming up soon too and I will be 28...icks close to 30. 25 is a lot of fun plus you get a discount on car insurance.

Lucy Marie said...

I love that your mom thought you were going to be 24. That's funny! Hope you have a good week - it sounds like you have lots of fun in store!

Shaina said...

Aww 25! That was a good birthday - the first one I spent with my husband! (we met right after my 24th bday) I hope you have a superfantastic day!

Elizabeth said...

yay for UNI!!!! I was so happy to hear this!!!!