Tomorrow is the big day! We're running in The Quad City Times Bix 7 race. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. This is my first big race since trying to start up running again... It's a 7 mile race and it's one of the most prestigious races in the country. People finish this race in under 32 minutes or better! (Mostly Kenyon runners who sprint the entire thing and win a new car and $25,000 for winning) I however, have my own goals for this race. I will not be running a 32 minute 7 mile race, so I hate to disappoint all of you!
Goals for the Bix:
1. I want to finish and I want to finish running
2. I will not walk any of the race, I refuse to. I don't care if I have to "run" the speed of a turtle, I will run the entire thing. It has been my goal since the beginning.
3. I say I don't care about my time, but my goal for a time is to be under 1:10:00. That's 10:00 minute miles which is totally doable. But since my LASIK surgery, I haven't been able to run much. At one time, I could run a 7.25 minute mile, but those days are long gone. Since LASIK I've only been able to run 4 times, so that's not a good sign.
4. I want to have energy after the race. I don't want to die after the 7 miles, because my next goal will be to run a 1/2 marathon on October 18th.
5. My last goal will be to not keep up with anyone. I want to run my own pace and do as well as I can without trying to run next to someone.
I will check back on Sunday or Monday to let you know how it goes. As far as after the race, apparently there is a huge Bix party that night, so I'm pretty excited to join in on the festivities.
Those also running the race with me are: my hubby, parents, brother, future-sister-in-law, her parents, her sister & boyfriend and a few others. It should be a good time! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Post a Comment