Wish it was Sunday....
Sorry, I know you guys do not want to hear me sing, and that is a promise! Anyway here's the scoop... By the way, this post has nothing to do with it's title... I just have that song in my head for some reason!
I've realized that through the course of this blog, I have not mentioned much of anything about our home. So, I'm here to update you. I do not have pictures on this computer, but I will add some later tonight.
We moved into our home August 2007.....
We have since done the following:
*First things FIRST!! We tore up the disgusting carpet in the bathroom (really, who does that!!) I refused to walk on it w/o shoes and it was the very first thing for the hubby to do.... (within a week of living there! haha) Then my hubby tiled the floor all by himself! It looks amazing!
*Then, what he would call the most important thing, we turned our basement into a theater room. He is a huge speaker/movie/loud music kind of guy and this was a must have in our home. I have to say, I do enjoy it from time to time. Make a bowl of popcorn and you actually do feel like you are at the theaters, only you get to cover up and recline in your own couch... W/a lovely dovey puppy, named Bear, curled up next to you.
*Tore up the carpet in the living room, entryway, hallway and master bedroom.
*Refinished the beautiful hardwood floors that lay beneath said carpet.
*Redid the entryway
*Hubby completed the new trim in almost every room, we still have a few walls to do though.
*Painted: the master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. We are currently working on painting the basement and the hallway going downstairs. It was this disgustingly nasty burnt orange color and we are only now (just two days ago) getting to it for some odd reason. I do not have ANY before pictures because we really don't want to remember how nasty it was.
*Installed a new garage door and replaced a wooden door heading out into the garage with a steel door to help with our heating/cooling costs.
*Added sconces in our living room for more light since there was NONE
*Ordered new kitchen counter tops, which have yet to be installed... (It is starting to really tork me off if you cannot already tell)
*And a few other small miscellaneous things.
We always find ourselves wishing we could do more to the house, but not having enough time. We both work full-time jobs, with hubby working 55-60 hours a week for the last 8-10ish weeks.... Needless to say, some home improvement projects have been put on hold. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. There's so much we could do, but not enough time. We're planning to spend another 2-3 years in this home, so we're trying not to put a ton of money into it that we won't get back out of it.
How about you? Have you guys done any minor/major home improvement projects? It's time consuming, but definitely worth it! So, there you have it. I will try to post some pics later tonight or tomorrow of our home in case anyone is interested, and if you aren't, deal with it! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are doing our basement in a week. I'm trying to breath deeply through all of this craziness! :)
Lol...this was the title of my blog post today too!
I think we REALLY need to see pictures of your place!
So, I failed miserably at posting pics! Sorry! :-) I'll try again tonight, we're in the middle of STILL painting the basement, so I'm preoccupied!
wow- you guys have done a ton! Good for you.
(Kayla- I will make you as many bags as you want! = ) )
Post a Comment