Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Aplington Parkersburg High School

I'm sure many of you have heard of the recent events in Parkersburg, IA where their football coach of 30+ years was shot by a former student. ESPN did a special story on this and I think they did a great job. Take a look at it, I think it does a great job of portraying the great man that Ed Thomas was and always will be. It gave me chills throughout the entire video because of how powerful it was. (This town is about 20 minutes away from where I live and this story truly impacted their entire community)

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4422636

I can't figure out how to add the video stream into the blog, but follow the above link to watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of that but that is very sad! His family & friends will be in my prayers.

Rachel H. said...

I hadn't heard about this either, but it is very sad. Keeping them all in my prayers!