So the other day my co-workers and I were talking about having broken bones and all of that jazz. I've never had a broken bone in my life; I've had one sprained ankle and that's it.
UNTIL LAST NIGHT!!!
Recap: Ok, we had an exhaust fan in our bathroom that was VERY loud and by loud I mean that you never wanted to turn it on. Only thing is, it's tied into the light, so if you want the light on, you have to have the fan on...
Hubby thought it would be a QUICK fix to just change out the fan. Boy was he wrong.... It was a lot more work than he had anticipated. Instead of taking about an hour it took about 3! So, as I'm running back and forth trying to get things that he needs while he's in the attic, I manage to stub my toe on one of his tools. (A saws all or however you spell it) anyway, I didn't hit the sharp end but I think I kicked the crap out of the other end! I've stubbed my toe before but nothing has ever felt like this.
I knew it was broken! I had just broken my itty bitty little pinky toe... :-( Not fun. After my dramatic reaction, I got up and it was pretty numb so I couldn't feel it. Well, I woke up this morning and it was swollen and black & blue! So, I am no longer in the "I've never broken a bone club" :-( It's a sad day for the little piggy... I can only wear sandals, so it's a good thing I can wear flip-flops to work!
On a good note, our fan in the bathroom is now quieter :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! Oh no! Are you okay? I have never broken a bone (knock on wood) but I thought I broke toes a couple of times. They always felt better the next day, though, so nothing broken yet! I hope your little toe feels better soon!
I am sorry about your toe! I broke my big toe once and it really hurt! At least you don't need to go to the ER or anything :)
I've never broken a bone either (knock on wood). I hope that your little toe toe feels better soon. Yuck!
Oh no...that really sucks! I have never broken a bone either (knock on wood). :) Hope your toe fees better soon!
Oh no.. hope it heals fast for you and life gets back to normal.
Oh no! Broken bones are not fun. Hope it heals well and quickly!
Thanks everyone! Wow most of you are so lucky to have never broken any bones! I'm a big wimp, so this is a big deal to me! haha
Post a Comment