Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend was so great!

Friday night we sold my hubby's car private party for much more than that stupid dealership wanted to give us... I'm talking almost double...

We then decided to celebrate by first going to Old Navy's Stuff & Save event where we scored some great finds! We then went to Las Margarita's and I had a huge margarita and some delicious food!
While we were eating this conversation took place:

Hubby- (At 7:02pm) O shoot, we were suppose to be eating with my co-workers at 7 tonight! It's Jochen's last day. We'll just meet up after dinner for a drink or two

Me- Sounds great (while sipping my margarita that is only 1/4 gone)

Hubby- (5 minutes later)- Are you ready to go yet?

Me- Uh.... I don't think I'll be having a drink at the next stop as I have to chug 1/2 of my 16oz margarita!!

Hubby- Well good, by the time we're ready to leave the bar, you'll be good to drive.

Me- Jee, thanks!

After dinner, we headed to the bar for a few drinks with friends. We ended up staying out way too late (that's actually only 11:00) because my friend from work, Katie, headed out to meet us.

We were able to sleep in on Saturday, until 8:00am! haha yeah yeah, I know... Not much sleeping in. We woke up, made breakfast and I set out to start cleaning the house. I met up for lunch with my friend, Jill, and then headed home to finish cleaning. I got the entire house cleaned, FINALLY! It needed it so bad. We stayed home Friday night and had one of Jesse's friends over for a cookout and to play some Call of Duty. Yes, I know what you're thinking. I actually like the game only because I'm not half bad at it! Don't judge me!

Sunday we slept in a bit later, hubby got up to mow the grass and I finished some laundry and made breakfast for the two of us. My mom came to visit for the day and we went for lunch with Jesse. Afterwards, we hit up the mall and TJ Max. I actually got some great finds there! I also scored a pair of Steve Maden sandles from Younkers for $7.50! (reg. $52.00) I was pumped! After shopping, my mom wanted to get back on the road. I cooked dinner and hubby washed & detailed my car. Which was so nice of him, it looks great! I then settled in to watch a bit of TV and catch up on my google reader!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! We'll be traveling again this weekend, but only part of it so that's good! I also have to share with you the great ETSY finds that were delivered to my door today! Maybe tomorrow!

5 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a great weekend...I love Etsy, and I can't wait to see your finds!! :)

Meredith said...

Oh lord, a margarita sounds SO good!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

we also did a HUGE house cleaning on saturday...i dont feel as bad knowing someone else was feeling my pain (and accomplishment at the end!).

xo

Anonymous said...

I must have totally missed the whole stuff and save thing because I never got a bag in the mail or in the newspaper! not that I have the money to spend, but still!

Shannon Dew said...

LOVE Etsy! I have gotten so much wedding stuff off there!