Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend Recap

So I can't upload any pictures right now, something is wrong with my laptop. I will post pictures later tonight if I can figure out how to get it to work!

Anyway, I want to warn you this is a little long but I had to share everything we did!

My trip to Vegas was amazing! It was my Grandma's 78th birthday and it was her idea to get all of the girls to go to Vegas. There were 18 of us total including: Grandma, most of my Aunts, and some of my girl cousins.

We arrived at the Madison Airport at 4:30 AM..... Man was I tired. We ended up landing in Vegas around 10:00 am I think. We got a shuttle to our hotel and we stayed at the Bellagio. What an amazing hotel! If you have never been there, it is a must see! It's huge! There's a mall inside of the hotel, yeah.. It's that big! Anyway, we finally got settled in our hotel room and hit the streets. First stop: Planet Hollywood Mall. They had every store you could dream of! I hit up some great sales at Anne Taylor Loft and a few others that aren't names I recognized. After we did some shopping, we sat at a little resturant called La Salsa Cantina inside the mall. They had the most delicious margarita's I have ever had in my entire life!! We had a couple and then headed on our way. This mall was amazing and had ceilings that looked like you were outside on a cool summer night. It was very deciving because once we walked outside the 107 degree heat hit us! We enjoyed a bit of pool time and went to the buffet inside the hotel. It was $19.95 but they had everything you could ever imagine for food and it was delicious! We then went downtown Vegas to enjoy some night life. They have a light show which was pretty cool and tons and tons of casino's. Needless to say, I did not win any money!

Friday morning we woke up early, 7:00 am! Yikes! Then we hit up the workout room at $25 a day! My mom, my sister-in-law and I worked out for about an hour and then headed back to our rooms to get ready to go to breakfast and spend a couple hours pool side. Our hotel had 5 pools total, so we had to spend a little time soaking up the sun! After the pool, we decided to back to the mall and hit up the stores we missed the night before. After a bit more shopping, we went back to our hotel to get ready for our night out! All 18 of us wore matching shirts for my Grandma's birthday out that night. We went to dueling piano's at Harrah's. The two girls were twins and were amazing! They got my Grandma up on stage and had some men saranade her! It was hillarious! We got a lot of great pictures that I will have to share with you later. After this, we headed out to see a few more things on the strip.

Saturday, my sister-in-law and I went to get a massage at the Spa and then breakfast at a little cafe in our hotel. The Massage was great, but not worth how much it cost. After breakfast, we got ready and went to do some more shopping. This time at an outlet mall that required miles of walking to see every store. They had ever store, but my legs hurt so bad afterwards. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen and then headed back to our hotel to get ready for The Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil. This was the best part of the entire trip! We had a blast! They wouldn't let you take pictures, but you can go to their website and see a few things about the show. We were all pretty tired after this, so we got some dinner and headed back to the hotel for a little bit of gambeling. All in all I lost $48 the entire weekend. Not to shabby! haha I hate losing money and not getting anything for it, but I promised myself that I could lose $50 and not feel to bad about it. It was fun while it lasted, but it sure went quick!

Here is an idea of how young at heart my Grandma really is! She went to bed later than all of us every night! We were in bed by the latest at 12:30 and Grandma came to bed between 1:30 am and 3:30 am every night! She loved the trip!

I will try to post a few pictures later! If you haven't been to Vegas I think it's something you should see at least once in your life!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Granny went to bed at 1:30 am!? dang. I don't think mine could make it to 11:00pm.

Glad you had fun. I am so jealous. I totally want to see Cirque du Soleil once in my lifetime.

Meredith said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love the pools at the hotels in Vegas, but I can't believe it cost $25 a day to work out!