Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kitchen update

So, I told you awhile back that we got new countertops and a sink in our kitchen! They were defiantly needed.

This was before we did anything to the kitchen.
Don't mind the mess, we had just moved in.
The walls were a light tan, no valances on the windows and
it's a bit hard to see, but the sink is very small and the countertops
are a light cream color.

This is after we removed the countertops and sink
(P.S. Please don't mind the red hearts on the cabinets below the sink,
those are being removed, it was a test to see if I liked the red color or not... and
I just realized how horrible it probably looks! haha)
This is the new sink and countertops, still kind of hard to see, but I love them!!

And just for good measure, here's hubby doing a great job as usual!
We had to install the sink all by ourselves, which was a challenge. It was the first time we'd ever done a major plumbing job and by WE I mean that hubby did all the work, but I was the runner. I had to go and make about 4-5 different trips to get pipes, hoses, etc...

I'm glad we did it though, the kitchen looks much better... And as you might be able to see in the above picture we painted the walls a light butter cream yellow and put up red valances. I am loving the new look!

5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

It looks great ... and way to go doing all the work yourselves.

Taryn said...

impressive! Seriously. But then again- your husband makes his own speakers . . .

Emily said...

It looks so good... did a great job!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

it's looking like youre making some nice progress on your kitchen :)

just found your blog...i'll be following!

xo
k

Rachel said...

That already looks amazing! Can't wait to see the whole after picture. (And yes, i am totally jealous :)